The OCR315e bi-directional reader can read 2-line and 3-line MRZs from passports, ID cards, machine-readable visas and ICAO9303 travel documents.
The OCR316e model has all the MRZ functionality of the OCR315e, but also integrates a three-track MSR to read credit and debit cards, loyalty cards and frequent flyer cards.
- Airport check-in applications and security checks
- AQQ, eBorders and APIS generation
- Duty free
- Hotel and car hire registration
- Portable border control applications
- Banking ID checks
- Police identification-checking
Features – OCR315e
- Compact design and small footprint
- USB 2.0 interface (USB HID, keyboard and virtual serial interfaces)
- Reads machine-readable passports, visas and travel cards conforming to ICAO Document 9303
- Rapid and accurate decoding using Access’ established OCR decoding technology
- Bidirectional OCR read
- Bi-colour LED and audible alarm providing good/bad read indication
- Can be used as free standing, desk mounted or attached to a range of monitors and devices
- Different cable length options
- Multiple cable exit positions
- Firmware download / upgrade capability
Features – OCR316e
- Same features as the OCR315e, with an additional bi-directional, 3-track MSR conforming to ISO tracks 1, 2 and 3.
The OCR reading functionality captures code lines reliably from machine readable documents, including passports (MRP), visas (MRV) and OCRB-encoded cards such as the US Resident Alien Card and European national ID cards. In addition, APACS debit and credit documents can be read (APACS standards 3.1 and 3.2, respectively), together with E13B, OCRB and mixed E13B and OCRB fonts.
The MSR is capable of reading three-track magnetic cards complying with ISO7811/2-5.